- Rep. Ryan: ‘We Have Pursued Solidarity but Abused Subsidiarity’ In an exclusive interview, the chairman of the House Budget Committee defends his interpretation of Catholic social teaching. (National Catholic Register May 4, 2012.
- Applying Our Enduring Truths to Our Defining Challenge, by Paul Ryan. (National Catholic Register, April 4, 2012).
- “America’s Enduring Promise”, Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. The 2012 Whittington Lecture, Georgetown University. April 26, 2012. | Video
- Catholic Social Teaching and the Ryan Budget, by Thomas V. Berg. Professor of moral theology at St. Joseph’s Seminary, Yonkers, NY. “Paul Ryan’s budget plan does not violate principles of Catholic social teaching; it is one prudent application of them.”
- Paul Ryan and Catholic Social Teaching (Roundup) The American Catholic April 29, 2012.
- The Bishops Were Wrong On The Ryan Budget – Pat Archbold (National Catholic Register) challenges the popular assumption that “The Bishops collectively condemned the Ryan Budget.”