- Ann Carpenter (Katholic Kung Fu on “redeeming Hans Urs von Balthasar”.
- DarwinCatholic on the passing of Patrick Leigh Fermor — and reflects on “being in the world”.
- “How is it that Stalin, and communism more generally, gets a better hearing than Hitler and Nazism, universally regarded as the epitome of evil?” – James Kirchik reviews Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin
- Mother Theresa on Suffering – via Matthew Archbold (National Catholic Register): “this wonderful interview of Mother Teresa by William F. Buckley on his “Firing Line” show. They spend a great deal of time discussing suffering.”
Father Richard J. Neuhaus explains why Evangelium Vitae is a love letter to the whole world. (HT: Zach).
- Did you know that Bob Marley was baptized into the Ethiopian Orthodox faith before his death in 1981?
- Carl Olson (Insight Scoop) demolishes “one bad hell of an argument” from a young agnostic.
- What is it like to eat a 20×20 burger (20 patties / 20 slices of cheese) from “In-N-Out”? — “like God had abandoned me and the terrible, satanic beef devil had devoured my soul”.