How Charles Carroll Influenced U.S. Founding Fathers Part I | Part II – From 2005, a Zenit News interview with Scott McDermott on the Catholic Signer of Declaration of Independence.
McDermott authored a biography of Carroll (Charles Carroll of Carrollton Faithful Revolutionary, and gave a talk to the Thomas More Society of Dallas, TX on the subject (“Guest lecturer reminds of America’s Catholic Roots”, by Monica Tomutsa. University of Dallas News Nov. 2, 2005).
- “Catholics and The Republic”, by Reverend Father Christopher Hunter. The Angelus SSPX Feb. 1987, Vol. X, No. 2.
- “Catholic Sources of the Declaration of Independence by Rev. John C. Rager The Catholic Mind. XXVIII, no. 13 (July 8, 1930).
- How Catholic is the Declaration of Independence? Commonweal March 18, 1996.
- Praise for George Washington from Pope Leo XIII Vox Nova February 18, 2008.
- The Catholic Church in the United States of America, by Fr. Robert J. Fox. (Exploring the early days of the English colonies, when the rights of Catholics were not respected, to the end of the nineteenth century).