Well, that’s a wrap . . . of 2007. From the archives, a look back with a highlight from each month of blogging (As you can see, some familiar and reoccuring themes to this year):
- Thoughts on Pope Benedict’s “Spe Salvi” December 30, 2007.
- Further Responses to “A Common Word” November 29, 2007
- “A Common Word” and Christian-Muslim Dialogue October 27, 2007
- Pope Benedict’s Critique of Capitalism September 27, 2007
- Elvis: “There is a bigger King . . .” August 19, 2007
- Readings in Islam: “Islam, Fundamentalism, and the Betrayal of Tradition” July 2, 2007.
- The Persecution of Christians in Iraq June 9, 2007.
- Just War, Pacifism and Catholic Tradition May 31, 2007.
- Pope Benedict, Islam and the Prospect of Reform April 23, 2007.
- [Hiatus from blogging during March 2007]
- Israel-Vatican Relations and the Fundamental Agreement February 12, 2007.
- The Execution of Saddam Hussein and Church Teaching on the Death Penalty January 07, 2007.
To my readers (and critics) — Happy New Year, thanks for gracing this blog with your eyes and I hope to make your acquaintance in the combox in the future.
Oh, and if you enjoy this blog and wish to show your appreciation in a concrete way:
- Consider a donation to “Peter’s Pence”:
“the most characteristic expression of the participation of all the faithful in the Bishop of Rome’s charitable initiatives in favour of the universal Church. The gesture has not only a practical value, but also a strong symbolic one, as a sign of communion with the Pope and attention to the needs of one’s brothers” (Pope Benedict XVI)
- (and, if you have something left over): my Amazon.com Wishlist.