Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him.
Please pray for all of those involved in Communion & Liberation as well, who were inspired in their Christian life by the example of Fr. Giussani.
More news via Google.
From the Communion & Liberation Website:
- Biography of Fr. Guissani.
- The Charism of Communion & Liberation
- Monsignor Giussani on Movements of the Spirit: “Faith Is Given Us So That We Communicate It” Zenit.org. Feb. 23, 2005 – one of the last public addresses given by Monsignor Luigi Giussani, the founder of the ecclesial movement Communion and Liberation. Giussani wrote this address for the Nov. 24-28 meeting of the Pontifical Council for the Laity. The theme of the assembly was “Rediscovering the True Face of the Parish.”
- The “Right Way” of Fr. Luigi Giussani, by Sandro Magister. http://www.Chiesa – “in which the founder of Communion and Liberation recounted how popes Montini and John Paul II saved the Church from disaster.”
- What is Communion & Liberation? – History and documents pertaining to the movement founded by Monsignor Luigi Giussani.
- Communion-and-Liberation Founder Dies Zenit.org. Feb. 22, 2005.
- Pope Asks Ratzinger to Take Funeral:
The Pope has decided that it will be Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger who will take the funeral of Don Giussani. This was announced by Vatican spokesman, Joaquin Navarro Valls. “The funeral of Monsignor Luigi Giussani, founder of the church movement, Communion and Liberation, who died this morning will take place on Thursday 24 February at 3.00pm, in Milan’s Duomo and will be presided over, in the name of the Holy Father, by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.” (AGI) .
- Funeral Mass of Fr. Luigi Giussani. February 25, 2005.
St. Blog’s Parish